Dear SeniorCare Families & Friends,
As most of you are aware, the media has been providing daily updates on the national outbreak of respiratory illness caused by coronavirus (COVID-19).
To prevent spread of the virus in the United States, the US State Department and the CDC are advising US residents to discontinue travel to China, Italy, Japan, Iran and South Korea. Since the outbreak has spread to more than 60 countries, this list is likely to grow.
In keeping with our general request of not visiting SeniorCare Homes if you are exhibiting any cold- or flu-like symptoms, we ask that all visitors refrain from visiting if they have traveled internationally in the last two weeks. You should not visit if you have been in contact with
someone who recently traveled internationally, or if they have been diagnosed with/exposed to coronavirus in the past two weeks.
While coronavirus is a growing concern, our primary focus is (and will continue to be) prevention of cold and influenza. The most effective prevention methods are listed below:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. (This is of particular importance after sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose, before eating or after using the bathroom)
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. This includes your cell phones, tablets, computers, remotes, doorknobs, chairs, etc.
The care for your loved ones is our primary concern. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns – as always, we love to hear from you!
President, SeniorCare Homes
SeniorCare Homes • 5200 W 94th Terrace, Suite 115 • Prairie Village, KS 66207 • 913-236-0036